We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in the evening/transporation

Which Juneau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Georgetown, Texas
14 posts
Save Topic
Things to do in the evening/transporation

Husband and I will arrive 8/23/11, 4:30pm via AMHS ferry, staying overnight at the Aspen Hotel and leaving the next morning (8:00 am) via AMHS ferry for Sitka. Questions: is anyone familar with this hotel, I know it's new this year, but what about the noise level from the airport...not sure how busy an airport it is. What would you consider the most convenient method of transporation from the ferry to hotel and suggestions for activities/sightseeing that evening. We will be flying back to Juneau via Alaska Air from Sitka the evening of 8/25 and have a rental car reserved to pickup at the airport. So, we will have another opportunity to sightsee 8/26 until mid-afternoon of 8/27, when we will return the rental car and leave on AMHS for Haines, but we don't want to spend the first evening sitting in the hotel room. Any info appreciated.

Georgetown, Texas
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in the evening/transporation

"Husband and I will arrive 8/23/11, 4:30pm via AMHS ferry, staying overnight at the Aspen Hotel and leaving the next morning (8:00 am) via AMHS ferry for Sitka."

If you read thru it probably makes sense, but I left out in the above post...we will be arriving in "Juneau" 8/23/11.

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in the evening/transporation

Most hotels in Juneau have a shuttle that picks up at the ferry terminal and airport.......call the Aspen to make sure......then when you arrive on the ferry give them a call to let them know you need a ride.......Realistically the earliest you could be at the hotel would be 5 or 5:30........

Several of the cab services also do tours of Juneau.....(don't know the cost, probably by the hour)...or you could have a cab drop you off at Mendenhall Glacier.....hike a bit and cab back.......The Visitors Center would probably be closed by the time you got out there.......

3. Re: Things to do in the evening/transporation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, October 08, 2012