We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter sled dog excursion

Gudja
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Helicopter sled dog excursion

My husband and I will be taking an Alaska cruise with Carnival this September. We would like to experience dog sledding.

Is there a particular company that offers the best experience? Through the cruise ship, there is a '4 glacier and sled dog adventure' but I'm not sure if we will be able to stop and walk on the glacier.

Is there a particular company that people found good for this type of excursion - preferably with good customer service and better pricing than booking through the ship!

Thanks you so much!

New York
Level Contributor
3,266 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helicopter sled dog excursion

Depending when in Sept, be advised that these camps close down and never run to the end of the season. In the past they have shut down in August some years.

The glacier dog sledding is all snow, not ice. The tour you are referring to is probably an extended fly over of 4 glaciers, not landing?

There are only three companies that do the glacier dog sledding in Juneau, contact them directly, but do not expect any to say when they are closing down the dog camps. They always book past the expected dates, then cancel the tours.

ERA, TEMSCO and Coastal.

Gudja
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Helicopter sled dog excursion

Thank you for the information, I'll check them out.

3. Re: Helicopter sled dog excursion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, October 05, 2012