We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which helicopter tour, TEMSCO or ERA?

Corona, CA
1 post
Save Topic
Which helicopter tour, TEMSCO or ERA?

We'll be on a cruise in August. In Juneau from 1:30 pm to 10:00 pm. The two helicopter tours which sound the most interesting are the Pilot's Choice from TEMSCO and the 4 Glacier Adventure from ERA. Has anyone been on either of these tours?

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which helicopter tour, TEMSCO or ERA?

Hi! I did the pilots choice with temsco last year.................AWESOME!! Kinda pricey but hubby wouldn't go with me so I splurged:). I admit, any helicopter ride is great but the longer the better!

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
122 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which helicopter tour, TEMSCO or ERA?

I have flown with TEMSCO a number of times and appreciate that they have very modern aircraft, highly trained pilots and a good local reputation. The titles of the tours aside, I prefer the pilot's choice concept as depending on weather, some glaciers are better on some days than others. The pilots are usually more interested in the tour when they're getting to pick the route and are not just flying point-to-point service like a taxi all day.

That said, ERA probably has a "pilot's choice" concept to one of their tours, even if they use a different tour title. I'd look at what the cost vs air time is to determine the best value between them.

Enjoy the Juneau Ice Field... it's one of the most visually stunning places to flightsee in the state.