We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Dog Saloon

North Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Topic
Red Dog Saloon

I received a Private Message today with the following question:

"Hey there - we are headed to Juneau in a couple of weeks with our 20 yr old niece - do you have to be 21 to go to the Red Dog?"

It's such a common question here I figured it would be helpful to more folks if I posted my answer out here in the open rather than being greedy and keeping things in PM land! ;-)

Alaska State liquor laws allow a minor to enter an alcohol licensed premise if they're accompanied by their parents or legal guardian. Most bars have specific house policies relating to how minors are supervised, where they can (or not) sit, etc.

Hundreds of minors enter the Red Dog Saloon every day in the summertime, so I would imagine you and your niece are in for a good time.

Happy Alaska Travels!

-Case

1. Re: Red Dog Saloon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:39 am, October 29, 2009