We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Car Rental at NCL Cruise Dock - Juneau, AK

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help with Car Rental at NCL Cruise Dock - Juneau, AK

I wanted to rent a car to go around with my family. We only have a few hours there so I wanted to see if anyone can give me recommendations to the closest / reliable car rental service there at the docks, if there is one available. Thanks!

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,676 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Car Rental at NCL Cruise Dock - Juneau, AK

No car rental company is close but Rent A Wreck picks you up at the dock. All other companies are at the airport. Depending on the day of the week, an express bus goes to the airport but it could be a hassle depending on your time frame, how many there are, what you are doing right after picking up the car, etc.

John

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Car Rental at NCL Cruise Dock - Juneau, AK

John,

Thank you for your advice on the car rental...Rent a Wreck was really good to work with.

Felix

Yukon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Car Rental at NCL Cruise Dock - Juneau, AK

Do you have a specific idea of what you want a car for? Unless you've been there a few times before, there's lots to do at Juneau without one.

4. Re: Help with Car Rental at NCL Cruise Dock - Juneau, AK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, October 08, 2009