We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay and what to do

ca.
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay and what to do

My husband just found out he has a business trip in two weeks and I'm going with him. I know nothing about Alaska or Juneau and don't know what to do or where to stay. Any advise would be great. We're going Aug. 9-14

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,892 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay and what to do

Well, are you going to be in Juneau the entire time? Has his company already booked the lodging or do you have to find something?

Lots to do in Juneau - you can start by searching on the left hand side of the page of things to do - that will get you started. Juneau is our state capital, so there are some great museums as well as plenty of other activities. What activities do you enjoy doing?? I am sure folks will try and help - and as many specifics as you can give will be helpful. Good luck! :)

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,557 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay and what to do

I spent 4 nights in Juneau earlier this month and really enjoyed it.

There really is a lot to do in Juneau. To mention a few:

Mendenhall Glacier

Mt. Roberts Tram

whale watching

glacier/trekking/dogsledding

museums

brewery

hatchery

Tracy Arm cruise (all-day)

hiking

walking tour

driving past Auke Bay for the scenery and some sites

I would highly recommend whale watching. I did it with Harv and Marvs earlier this month and it was fantastic.

Normally I would recommend the Tracy Arm cruise that is operated by Adventure Bound but the entire booking process was a fiasco that I personally can not recommend that company anymore. Other companies offer Tracy Arm as a private excursion but unfortunately it costs more than Adventure Bound's. The upside is that it is more personal.

Lots of places to stay in Juneau though you might be limited by what is available booking relatively late. But check traveljuneau.com for ideas. You might want to mention if you want a hotel, B&B, etc.

John

3. Re: Where to stay and what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, October 03, 2009