We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Dog Saloon?

Everywhere!
4 posts
Save Topic
Red Dog Saloon?

Does anyone know what happened to the Red Dog Saloon? I've been there a few times, and was always told they were open year-round for tourists and locals alike. Nobody is answering the phone there, and I can't get any results from their website.

Anyone have any ideas?

North Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Dog Saloon?

Why hello there!

The Red Dog Saloon sold as of the beginning of the year. I "think" the family that owned the place for the last 40+ years was ready to retire - or at least move on to other things. ;-)

I can't really give an "insider's scoop" on the place anymore, but just from driving by the building, one can surmise that:

1) They're under "New Ownership"

2) They're open from 4 pm - Closing; Monday - Saturday

3) They're closed on Sundays

4) They're not serving any food at this time

I heard a radio ad the other day that indicated that their prices were less than half of what they were under past ownership, but that could just be a "local special"... I'm sure pricing will rise in May when the 1.4 Million cruise visitors begin to arrive!

Happy Alaska Travels!

-Case

2. Re: Red Dog Saloon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, September 23, 2009