We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stay at the Alaskan Hotel - good/bad?

Which Juneau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
5 posts
Save Topic
Anyone stay at the Alaskan Hotel - good/bad?

Hi. I was thinking of staying at the Alaskan Hotel in Juneau and wanted to know if anyone has stayed there recently that could recommend it (or not). What experience(s) did you have?

Yukon
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stay at the Alaskan Hotel - good/bad?

I stayed at the Alaskan once. As I recall, the rooms were simple but clean. The main thing to keep in mind is that the Alaskan is first and foremost a bar, and a hopping one at that. The music will be going late into the night, particularly on weekends. I seem to remember that the noise from the bar was audible in my room, but that the louder part was the people coming upstairs late and talking loudly. It's that kind of place.

If you are planning to be at the bar until closing, it shouldn't be a problem, but expect some noise issues otherwise.

North Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stay at the Alaskan Hotel - good/bad?

TGS has it right. If you'd like a thin-walled room in, next to, or over a bar it's an okay place to stay. A good friend of mine just spent a night there on Saturday, and woke to the sound of a fight at 3:30 am... then couldn't get back to sleep since someone next door was making....errr... "sick" noises for the rest of the morning. I think he's a light sleeper though!

-Case

3. Re: Anyone stay at the Alaskan Hotel - good/bad?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 31, 2009