We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bear Viewing Tours

Which Homer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
83 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Bear Viewing Tours

Will be heading to Alaska this week and want to do a beer viewing flight one day during Memorial Day weekend. However, I haven't made plans in advance because the cost of these trips are so expensive (didn't want to take a chance of our schedule changing , etc). Is it possible to make arrangements in town (Homer) for the next day? I only see 1-2 companies that appear to fly in May, Emerald Air and Hallo Bay???

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

New Jersey
Level Contributor
83 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bear Viewing Tours

Ok, while "beer viewing" would be nice, how about Bear Viewing :)

jq
Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
661 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bear Viewing Tours

If you don't have a reservation yet, it may be too late. Since these planes are very limited and they only do one or two tours a day, you might have a problem with day before walkup If you just don't want to book in advance, you could always call when you get there but don't be surprised if full.

pennsylvania
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bear Viewing Tours

emerald air would be my choice . my wife & i took a trip with these folks last summer in june. after contactacting several co's we booked with chris day @ emerald air. this had to be the greatest experience of my life . we flew out to katmai nat'l park & spent the day hiking on the beach & in the meadows. we were very close to the bears & must have shot 6-8 rolls of film. chris & her husband posses a knowledge of bears & their habitat that is not equalled. i suggest looking at their web site for more detailed info. have fun !!!

4. Re: Bear Viewing Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 14, 2009