We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale watching in September

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Whale watching in September

My parents and I are going to be going to Anchorage and Homer. Maybe Seward at the end of September. I don't expect much marine wildlife but doesn't hurt to ask. Where is the best place to view whales?

Homer Spit
Beaches, Biking Trails
Alaska Islands and Ocean Visitor Center
Natural History Museums, Visitor Centers
Pratt Museum
Specialty Museums
Center for Alaskan Coastal Studies
Educational sites, History Museums, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale watching in September

although we are visited by whales Homer is not your choice for whale watching

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,114 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whale watching in September

They will probably not find a whale watching tour the end of September......there are some whales that remain here year round, but winter weather patterns are becoming more prevalent during late September and that coupled with a lack of tourists that time of year, means the tours will not be operating......

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whale watching in September

There are no whale watching tours from Homer anyway. As far as I know there are no tours from Seward dedicated exclusively to whale watching.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whale watching in September

Thank you so much!

5. Re: Whale watching in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 26, 2013