We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me find lodging in Homer for <$90.00 including taxes

North
4 posts
Save Topic
Help me find lodging in Homer for <$90.00 including taxes

My first post here but when planning my trip to Alaska I read many posts on this travel board. My budget is very low for my 18 days in Alaska. I travel alone and won't be camping. I have a small rental car booked and now need to find a clean accommodation in Homer. My budget for two nights in Homer is no more than $90.00 per night. I could stay outside Homer but I need to find a clean place. Every review of the Homer hostel says it is filthy. I can deal with bunk beds, share bathrooms but I don't do too well in dirty lodgings. Please help me find a clean room in or near Homer. I know Alaska is expensive. Is there a hope to find very inexpensive accommodations in Homer? Maybe someone knows about a room/cabin/ motel under $90.00? Please help!!

Homer Spit
Biking Trails, Beaches
Alaska Islands and Ocean Visitor Center
Natural History Museums, Visitor Centers
Pratt Museum
Specialty Museums
Center for Alaskan Coastal Studies
Educational sites, History Museums, Nature & Wildlife Areas
North
4 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Help me find lodging in Homer for <$90.00 including taxes

GullBay, your list became very important. Thank you for it

I finally found a place within my low budget after doing lots of research on websites you all recommended. I'm able to spend a little more than $90.00 in Homer because my hostel in Seward is $50.00 per night.

Denalicat, thank you for suggestion but I scratched this place from my list because of filth that everyone mentioned on Yelp and Trip Advisor including fti, who is my low budget hero.

Coalminer I too rather sleep in a car than stay at night in a dive but thank you k2iks for this and other suggestions.

YesSeattle, I donated my camping gear a few years back and not planning to buy a new one. There are reasons for my decision.

Rainbird I'm too curious why would you make this comment << I am sort of curious why you are determined to go to Homer if you don't have the money for a room there>>?

I do have money but my lodging budget is very low and specific after strict calculations and extensive planning.

Are you saying those who cannot afford to spend less than $150.00 per night for accommodation shouldn't travel to Alaska? I traveled to many countries on limited budget and my best memories are when sharing bunk rooms and or bathrooms with other travelers. I'm lucky to meet many interesting people while traveling on a strict budget. Many of us keep in touch and two of them whom I met in 2003 in Greece now live in Fairbanks where I'm invited to stay for four nights in their cabin. I had low budget traveles from around the world staying at my humble little house.

Edited: 9:34 am, April 20, 2012
fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,748 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Help me find lodging in Homer for <$90.00 including taxes

Thanks for the update. Where did you end up booking?

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,252 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Help me find lodging in Homer for <$90.00 including taxes

WonderNorth, as a fan of the "Europe Through the Back Door" style of travel, I applaud you, but you also have to be realistic. There is not a hostel in every town in Alaska and the ones we do have are mostly open seasonally. You can set as "strict" a budget as you want, but if it won't get you a room for the night, then it is not realistic. I have managed to stay all over the world for less than $100 a night, but there are places in Alaska where that would be very, very challenging if not impossible.. I gave you good options for under $100, but setting an arbitrary budget without knowing the local economy and options is just not good practice.

Kenai Alaska
9 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Help me find lodging in Homer for <$90.00 including taxes

Anna's guest house. They had your dates available. Look under rentals Good luck

15. Re: Help me find lodging in Homer for <$90.00 including taxes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, June 19, 2013