We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family friendly halibut fishing tour

Which Homer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hawaii
Level Contributor
564 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
family friendly halibut fishing tour

hello

family with daughters 11,12,19 looking for family friendly half day fishing charter/tour in homer.

any advice will be appreciated

thank you

Wasilla, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
5,142 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family friendly halibut fishing tour

I always go with Big Bear Halibut Charters... But they do all day trips so you can get out where the bigger fish are.

They are very family friendly.

Chugiak, Alaska
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family friendly halibut fishing tour

As Stafford mentioned, the full day trips get you where the bigger fish are.

But if that's not a possibility for you due to time, money or interest level, there are a couple places that do half-day charters.

Alaska Coastal Marine is the cheapest outfit I know of- they are $105 for adults, $85 for kids:

alaskacoastalmarine.com/half_day_fishing_tri…

I've fished with them and found them to be good folks. Professional and well-mannered. The drawback is that closer in you may end up with only smaller fish and they take out about 35 people on their boat, but all can't fish at the same time. The waits aren't long before your turn, but there are waits.

Another option is Inlet Charters- I have no experience with them, just Googled them. They are $125 for adults and $105 for kids.

http://halibutcharters.com/halibut.html

I'd ask any charter I looked at how many people there are on each boat. Then consider that on Alaska Coastal Marine's 75 foot boat, only about 20 people could fish at once.

hawaii
Level Contributor
564 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family friendly halibut fishing tour

thank you for your suggestions

we will check them out.

Boston...
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family friendly halibut fishing tour

I agree with alaskantiger on Alaska coastal marine,

Good half day trip, the halibut wont be the largest, but they find the fish quick and everyone has a great time. My gf who had never caught a fish before, got the 2nd largest on the boat and was ecstatic. The staff is very friendly and efficient, so even though the boat held 20+ people we felt well taken care of.

Homer, Alaska
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family friendly halibut fishing tour

My favorite for family is Rainbow Tours.

Check out www.HomerAlaska.com!

6. Re: family friendly halibut fishing tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:42 pm, June 17, 2013