We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Options for Bear Viewing in 2011

Which Homer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Options for Bear Viewing in 2011

We will be in Homer at the end of August 2011 and really wanted to book a one day bear viewing trip to Katmai with Emerald Air, only to find out they had closed. Does anyone else out there have any recommendations for another company with the same ethics, safety record and philosophy? Any suggestions will be welcome, Lisa

Bay City Mi
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Options for Bear Viewing in 2011

My husband and I just took the bear tour with Kay Bay on May 31st. Mike was an excellent guide. They will fly around and go where the bear are at.

Mike is very knowledgeable and answered all our questions. He went out of his way not to rush anyone. If you have more advanced photo skills he gives you the opportunity to get that once in a lifetime shot. He also takes photos of his own that he will post on a website and send them to you to purchase. When we left the park he flew over a whale carcass that had several bears feeding off it. We got to watch that from the air. When he sent his photo galleries to us I notcied the pictures of the following days trip was of these bears. We are very happy we spent the money and went on this trip.

Edited: 1:32 pm, June 09, 2011
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
99 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Options for Bear Viewing in 2011

Thanks for the info jojo5 ooo. We have reservations with K-Bay Air in August & can't wait. I'm glad you had such a great trip.

13. Re: Options for Bear Viewing in 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 15, 2012