We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary

South Florida...
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary

I about have my itinerary developed but want to know if I should spend 3 days in Homer and 2 in Seward OR 2 days in Homer and 3 in Seward? We are mostly interested in photography (animals and scenery).

Thank You

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,545 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary

Welcome to the forum. It would be good to see your itinerary.

When you say "two days" and "three days" I am assuming you mean "two nights" and "three nights." Depending on when you arrive and depart, with two nights you really only have one full day in that town. That is why it would be good to see the entire itinerary to get a better overview.

For photography, it is a tough call. I would probably lean toward Seward with the 9 hour Northwestern Fjords cruise top priority. More time on the water = more chances for photography.

In Homer, a Rainbow Tours cruise to Gull Island and Seldovia would be very photpgenic as would be a boat tour just to Gull Island (just don't use Homer Ocean Charters - they could cancel literally at the last minute on you).

John

2. Re: Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 23, 2010