We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation to Seldovia

Which Homer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hollister, Ca
Level Contributor
76 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
transportation to Seldovia

I have made a reservation to rent atv rangers for half a day out of Seldovia. My question now is....what is the best, meaning cheap, way to get there. Would really like to have a lot of time to explore Seldovia but could only fit in one day

Marla

Leaving in one month for 18 days in Alaska......WooHoo!!! second trip and cant wait

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation to Seldovia

Water taxi would be cheapest way to get there. Lots of choices: www.seldovia.com/nav_transportation.htm

You could either water taxi back to Homer, or choose the ferry if it's a day that it's running (only $33).

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation to Seldovia

First look at the state ferry, the Tustumena, that runs twice a week on Tuesday & Sunday to see if either of those match your day.

www.seldovia.com/nav_transportation.htm

Then look at some of the private boats that have shuttle service. We have used M/V Rainbow Connection from Homer to Seldovia:

http://www.rainbowtours.net/Welcome.html

There are also water taxis like Mako:

seldovia.com/nav_transportation.htm#WaterTaxi

We love Seldovia. The otterbahn trail to the cliff to watch the sea otters is wonderful, although you do need to consult tide charts with the locals.

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation to Seldovia

The shuttle with Rainbow Tours is going to be most reliable and least expensive about $45.00 round trip. Water taxi is $120 or more. There are also 20 minutes flights between Homer and Seldovia. Sometimes they have specials. A few years ago we took a flight for $18.00 one way per person. If I recall correctly we went with Olson company or something like that. Then we took the Rainbow Tours shuttle back.

hollister, Ca
Level Contributor
76 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation to Seldovia

Thanks for the quick responses....I had no idea it was going to be so expensive to get to Seldovia from Homer.....I might have to rethink this whole plan. I'm going to check with each tour vendor listed and see what I can work out. Really wanted to go to Seldovia but paying for transportation for 4 adults is a big chunk of the $$$$

5. Re: transportation to Seldovia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, December 19, 2009