We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boat Trips from Homer

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Topic
boat Trips from Homer

I would like to visit Seldovia and Halibut Cove from Homer. What are the best tours available ? Will these be separate trips?If these are separate trips, I am looking for minimum repetition between the 2. I like hiking & biking & browsing art galleries and local shops. I would like to spend a decent amount of time at both places and visiting landmarks in the Kachemak bay & state park. but don't want to spend too much time waiting for the boat back to Homer. I also read about (some form of - sea plane etc) hourly flights between Seldovia and Homer. ARe these worth? Thanks.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: boat Trips from Homer

I am in the planning stages and our B&B in Homer recommended Mako Water Taxi. There is a web site just add the dotcom. I can't say anything definite until mid-August but they have a trip with boats, planes and kayaks that will end up in Seldovia.

Cadiz, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: boat Trips from Homer

flashby - makowatertaxi.com didn't work for me - am I doing something wrong?

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: boat Trips from Homer

cjnky - add an "s": www.makoswatertaxi.com/

:-)

Cadiz, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: boat Trips from Homer

Thanks MM! I got "smart" and googled it after posting that! LOL!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: boat Trips from Homer

just a report on mako water taxi, they do a pretty good job. The flight part of the Day on the Bay got socked due to weather. Betsey from the Across the Bay gang got a hook up on the Rainbow ferry to get back from Seldovia. THey later started flying but the weather was still very cloudy so the ferrry boat provided all the scenery we needed.

Webster Groves...
Level Contributor
20 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: boat Trips from Homer

You might check out trips on the Danny J to Halibut Cove. A beautiful boat, reasonable fare and the crew was very knowledgable and friendly. You can book through Central Charters in Homer or on line. We also went to Seldovia on a boat booked thru Central Charters, also a great experience. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the boat. In my opinion both day trips are well worth the time. Enjoy

7. Re: boat Trips from Homer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, September 09, 2009