We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kachemak Bay State Park

tmorga1@entergy.com
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kachemak Bay State Park

My family and I are taking the water taxi to Kachemak Bay State Park in August. What would be the best day hike to do? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Homer Spit
Beaches, Biking Trails
Alaska Islands and Ocean Visitor Center
Natural History Museums, Visitor Centers
Pratt Museum
Specialty Museums
Center for Alaskan Coastal Studies
Educational sites, History Museums, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Wasilla, Alaska
Level Contributor
997 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kachemak Bay State Park

There are so many trails to hike in this state. I have yet to hike any trails in the Kachemak Bay State Park. However, I have good hiking book for southcentral Alaska and I see a number of really good hikes there. The problem is, I can't really describe them to you not having been on them myself, and there are too many pages in the book write it all down. If you don't get a response from anyone, I'll at least give you these two resources.

55 Ways to the Wilderness - Southcentral Alaska

(The Grenwingk Glacier Trail system in Kachemack looks awesome!)

outdoorsdirectory.com/store/product_info.php…

2. Re: Kachemak Bay State Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:22 am, August 19, 2009