We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery store in Healy?

Which Healy hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery store in Healy?

I have done a search for grocers in Healy and the latest one post on this subject was 2010, so I thought I would ask if there has been any grocery stores added to Healy since then?

We will be coming from Anchorage, spending one night in Talkeetna and 3 nights in Healy. We plan to buy most supplies in Wasilla, but was thinking about meats to buy in Healy..deli for lunches and meats for grilling. What is available in Healy?

Wasilla, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
5,311 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Grocery store in Healy?

"We will be heading to Denali by way of Valdeez, taking the Richardson and Denali Highways. Is there any advantage to stocking up in Valdeez or Glennallen or will we find about the same selection and prices as in Healy?"

The Eagle store in Valdez will have better selection and slightly better prices than Glennallen or Healy. They are part of the Safeway chain and a lot of their sales are based on having their discount card. You can sign up in the store or online at carrsqc.com/ShopStores/…

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Grocery store in Healy?

Thanks AKStafford. Exactly the info I was looking for.

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,509 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Grocery store in Healy?

GullBayGirl, you should probably stop in Glennallen or get groceries in Valdez. There will be a better selection in these two places than in Healy. There is a grocery in Glennalen just a mile or so west of the Richardson on the Glenn Highway.

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Grocery store in Healy?

When we do our road trips we always buy a hard sided cooler and then donate it , usually to the front desk at a National Park lodging facility, where there are seasonal workers who are always looking for a cooler, especially if they do not have a refridgerator in their room. Never had a problem giving it away.They love coolers and unfinished bottles of laundry detergent!

15. Re: Grocery store in Healy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, July 04, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Healy