We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lDenai Lakeview Inn

Herrin, Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
lDenai Lakeview Inn

I wnat to reserve a room at Denali Lakeview Inn for 3 nights in late May, but have not been able to reach anyone. When I call the number that is listed with the website, no one answers, no voice mail, nothing. I tried to send an email with no response. Does this mean they are already booked for the season or that it's too early to take bookings? I haven't had this problem with any other hotel or b and b, but this is the one I want. Any suggestion from locals would be appreciated.

5 replies to this topic
fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,545 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lDenai Lakeview Inn

Welcome to TA.

It probably means the owners are on vacation for weeks at a time in the winter. This is very common with businesses in Alaska, especially in the Denali area where tourism plummets after mid September until mid May.

Wake Forest, North...
Level Contributor
259 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lDenai Lakeview Inn

I emailed a few days ago and got a response. She said that they had availablity for my May dates so I know that they are not booked already or not taking reservations. However, when I emailed back on Thursday I have not heard back. Wanted to let you know that I it's not just you :>)

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lDenai Lakeview Inn

Maybe they are visiting friends in a remote area where there is no internet access or in Cordova helping with the snow removal. Give them a few days

Herrin, Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lDenai Lakeview Inn

Thanks for the help. We are planning a trip in May, will the huge amount of snow that is falling now be an issue by then? We a planning several days in Denali, but don't want to go if man of the roads will be closed.

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,545 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lDenai Lakeview Inn

I will be in Denali in late May. Roads will be open. I would be very, very surprised if the shuttle bus didn't start as planned on May 20th in spite of the current snow conditions.

Reply to: lDenai Lakeview Inn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Healy