We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Raro

New Zealand
Level Contributor
17 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Raro

I know, a bit late for questions as we only have 6 days and I'm now counting the hours before we arrive in Raro for our Christmas holiday. So I'm getting very excited and need to 'talk' to someone about it. (Lol)

Anyone have any experiences to share of what to expect from an Island style Christmas? Any last minute advise on where to go, must sees and do's and most importantly what to pack - will I need my cardi?

We're a bit behind the rest of the world here and only just midway through Survivor Cook Islands, which has kind of been keeping me going from week to week, tantalising me with views of the lagoons and white sandy beaches.

Merry Christmas to all contributors to this forum, the advise here is second to none. I promise to report back on our experiences at Sokala Villas.

Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Raro

We're arriving on boxing day and we know that everything will be closed. If staying at a resort the staff might be minimal and the food limited to a fixed buffet but the humor and happiness of the guests will make up for any inconveniences on those two public holidays.

Even if you are not religous you must go to the church services/events - it should be amazing!

Hope you're arriving a day or two earlier to get organised or are staying at a resort. If not staying at a resort come prepared with your own christmas hamper to celebrate your Xmas in the South Pacific.

Mentioned in this post
Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Raro

Just picked up that your staying at Sokala that I believe does not have a restaurant.

If you do not have family on the islands and if you're arriving Sunday I recommend you contact them prior to arrival to see what they have organised for guests for Xmas/Boxing Day when venues are closed. They should be able to assist with options that are available for you otherwise pack a hamper and enjoy two days on the beach:).

We are there for NYE and as this is a Sunday this year and everything is closed on a Sunday we are pre-booking for an event at one of the resorts.

3. Re: Christmas in Raro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rarotonga