We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whitesands beach villas or Palm Grove?

North Berwick...
Level Contributor
207 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Whitesands beach villas or Palm Grove?

Does anyone have a preference for either of these places?

We will be staying for 10 days in July 2007 with our 3 children aged 16, 14 and 10 years and would like to stay close to the beach. Has anyone stayed at either of these, or have any views / recommendations for somewhere else that would be suitable?

Thanks.

Newcastle
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Whitesands beach villas or Palm Grove?

Hi there, my wife and I stayed at Palm Grove recently and it's lovely. We didn't travel with children, but the place would be great for them. They have kayaks/snorkels/reef shoes etc. that guests can use, and a nice little pool as well. Their restaurant is really very good, and surprisingly cheap (surprising when you see the prices of groceries at the local supermarket), they've got a top bar and the manager does a great happy hour!

Most of the Villas aren't beach front, although some are. But you'll still be drifting off at night to the sound of the waves out on the reef where-ever you're at.

Honestly, I know nothing of Whitesands, but I wouldn't hesitiate recommending Palm Grove.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whitesands beach villas or Palm Grove?

Many of the places on Raro don't allow kids under 12 years old. I don't know about your two choices, but it is something to consider. Chuck

US
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whitesands beach villas or Palm Grove?

I stayed at Palm Grove on my honeymoon about 6 years ago in one of their beach units. We loved it. Great and empty beach, nice snorkeling, great breakfasts, and friendly owners and staff. If we make it back to the Cooks in the future, we'll stay there again.

4. Re: Whitesands beach villas or Palm Grove?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, August 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rarotonga