We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rarotonga Beach Bungalows?

Catalina Island...
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rarotonga Beach Bungalows?

Hello All!

I have booked 5 nights at the Rarotonga Beach Bungalows for June, and now having a little bit of "buyer's remorse". I generally like having a pool and cocktail service, and RBB has neither. But the reviews of the property are excellent, seems like it is on the best stretch of beach on the island, and we got a good deal (20% off rack rate plus a few days of car rental thrown in). I know that Moana Sands is next door for drinks and food if we want somewhere close. Can someone help reassure me that RBB is a good choice and we won't feel too removed from the "action"?

Thanks!!!!

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,961 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rarotonga Beach Bungalows?

Hi actgurlinva

Don't worry. Nothing is far from the 'action' on Raro.

As you say, Moana Sands is next door and the Little Poly is within walking distance.

You have a wonderful beach and lagoon on your doorstep.

And with a car you're not far from an excellent range of other restaurants.

Just relax and look forward to your trip. Whilst I haven't stayed at Rarotonga Beach Bungalows, I know the area well as I always stay there and it's my favourite part of the island.

And you'll be able to have your choice of pre-dinner drinks sitting on the deck of your own villa overlooking a beautiful lagoon. What more could you want?

Edited: 3:21 pm, April 06, 2014
Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
14,837 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rarotonga Beach Bungalows?

Kia Orana actgurlinva,

As nzlilibet has said, RBB is set on a lovely beachfront with attractive lagoon area. Once you settle into your accommodation and soak up the ambience, you'll soon forget about wanting a swimming pool onsite as well.

Sands restaurant is a moment's step away from RBB, with Little Poly's restaurant and Maire Nui Gardens both close by. You've chosen your location well. Besides, it sounds like you received a good nightly rate including vehicle which are useful advantages.

As for swimming and snorkelling, the nearby Tikioki marine reserve is IMO a top spot for prolific fish-life, and it's location is very handy for you. If the SE breeze isn't favourable on your own beach, it's easy to move to a sheltered area on the opposite side of the island for a different beach experience. I can highly recommend cocktails or a meal at Crown Beach Resort with its beautiful ocean views.

Your 5 nights stay will fly by. Hope you are also planning a day-trip to visit Aitutaki island as well. Awesome lagoon there. But also, the lagoon cruises operating from Muri on Rarotonga gives you access to the outer edge of Tikioki marine reserve, as well as providing a fun day out on one of the motu in Muri.

Cheers.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
803 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rarotonga Beach Bungalows?

Hi actgurlinva,

Rarotonga Beach Bungalows are right on the most beautiful stretch of beach and also my favourite part of the island where you can swim and kayak in all but very low tide.

A poster called Kiawahbeth who stayed there, loved RBB and has often recommended them on the forum.

I am sure she'd be happy for you to send her a pm and ask her for more details.

tripadvisor.co.nz/members-reviews/Kiawahbeth

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
14,837 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rarotonga Beach Bungalows?

Here is a link to a number of current reviews for this property, to help remove any doubts you may still have -

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1052515-d54303…

Happy planning!

Catalina Island...
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rarotonga Beach Bungalows?

Thank you all! I am counting down the days!

Novato, California
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rarotonga Beach Bungalows?

We've also stayed at RBB and we loved it (indoor-outdoor shower!!). Make sure to eat (lunch and dinner) at the Hidden Spirit Cafe @Maire Nui Gardens - you can reserve their gazebo for dinner, very romantic.

7. Re: Rarotonga Beach Bungalows?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 02, 2015