We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding

Christchurch, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Wedding

My partner and I are looking at having our wedding in February in Rarotonga.Is this a bad time to go over with rain season?

Lake Macquarie...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding

Stephanie K, February is classed as the "wet" season but predicting whether it will actually rain in February is a real gamble. We have stayed in Rarotonga in September & October, supposedly the non-rainy season & it's rained for days. I can honestly say, though, the rain hasn't spoiled our holiday.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
16,289 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding

Kia Orana Stephanie, welcome to the forum.

You can generally expect that more rainfall will occur during February (summer), as opposed to the dry season (winter). Except our weather pattern hasn't been straightforward like this over the past 3 years.

How I can describe February is it's a warm month, with high humidity and some rain at times. Much of the rain will fall as passing heavy showers, often late afternoon or overnight. Unless we are experiencing a severe storm/cyclone. Again this can't be clearly predicted to occur or determine which day well ahead of a possible event. Same as here in NZ over summer or winter.

What I can advise is to have a contingency plan if hosting an outdoors/beachfront wedding. Tropical destination-weddings are popular on Rarotonga. If planning to use a wedding planner, independent or affiliated to a resort, these people can help you with all arrangements that provide for a memorable day; rain or full sunshine.

All the best for your wedding. Kia manuia.

Christchurch, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding

Thank you Frangipani and fernsie. I think we will look at more May and June to host it, gives our family and friends more time to save to join us.Have emailed Wedding Planner Rarotonga to organise our ceremony,so just got to organise reception at a holiday home that will allow us to do that in back yard.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
16,289 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding

Hi again,

Regarding a suitable venue, there are 4 separate properties located in the NW (driest area of Rarotonga) that you could approach.

Try Vaiana's bistro (lovely beachfront setting - newly opened IT place for a wedding), Nikao Beach Bungalows, Marino holiday home, and Nikao Beach Cottages ( rental houses on inland side of main road and also beachfront). Very nice part of the island and extremely handy to everything.

Kia manuia.

5. Re: Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 05, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Rarotonga
Recent Conversations