We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have decided this (what do you think?)

beasain
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
I have decided this (what do you think?)

Next year in my honeymoon I have decided this:

I will be in new zealand 15 days in capervan and after that in 4 of april I will go to total relax to Rarotonga Beach Bungalows, I have this questions about rarotonga beach bungalows:

-The first week of april how will be the water? (cold?) and the temperatures? Because I am from North of spain and here I am all the year with low temperatures and rain, and I don´t want more.

-Is there white sand and turquoise water?

-I want to desconect and to have total relax, is that place ideal for that?

Thank you for your help

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
85 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I have decided this (what do you think?)

We visited Raro for a long weekend from NZ a while back and it was very relaxing. We had 4 days and wanted more. The water was beautiful and blue.

We satyed at Muri beach hideaway http://www.muribeachhideaway.com/ in a water front bungalow - beautiful decor and you could look straigh out the glass front at the water. It was very quiet and relaxing. The owner operator was soooo friendly and helpful. The only disadvantage was being a small place it had no resturant, but there were plenty of other around.

There are also plently of larger resorts you can stay at if that what your after that have larger pools and resturants.

Raro beach bungalows was full when we were there.

Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I have decided this (what do you think?)

Have just returned, would suggest looking at Apartments kakera.

Check out their website, we found this truly accomodating and met our needs.

Depends if you want the resort thing or the quiet honeymoon!.

Own plunge pool, private beach access, 15 minute walk to Muri (east side) well appointed villas.

www.apartmentskakera.com

Seattle, WA. USA
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I have decided this (what do you think?)

Didn't see this poster earler, so sorry it's late. Hope you still see it.

1) Water temps are at their peak around April so you can expect temps of about 80 F/27 C and possibly even a couple of degrees warmer (very nice).

2) Yes

3) Yes

Ken

Worcester UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I have decided this (what do you think?)

Hi buddy hope I'm not too late for this one, but , we've just come back from our honeymoon on an RTW, (vegas, Cooks, OZ, NZ, Tokyo) for five weeks and stayed at the Palm Grove on the south of the Island, it was fab. We chose a beach bungalow (hut on stilts on the beach...let me know if you want some pictures) It was a good prce and was more the of the real Raro...and it was all booked over the net even better. They pick you up from the airport the lot.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
660 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I have decided this (what do you think?)

Raro Beach Bungalows looked very nice and are on a great snorkeling/kayaking beach. Its a very small property (I think 5 bungalows) but is directly next door to Moana Sands which is a 3/4 story hotel with a good restaurant. It looks like a perfect spot to relax!

beasain
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I have decided this (what do you think?)

I would be happily see your photos, please you can send me the pictures to this e-mail xabigarmendia@hotmail.com, thank you

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: I have decided this (what do you think?)

Hi Breesey,

We are considering Palm Grove Beachfront Bungalow as well for our honeymoon...

I would love to see some pictures too !!

amchianta@sympatico.ca

Thanks so much

Chiquita

8. Re: I have decided this (what do you think?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rarotonga