We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reputation of Vara's

Which Rarotonga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
DCA
Springfield...
Level Contributor
407 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Reputation of Vara's

I've read a bit about Vara's backpacker place on Raro having a reputation as party central.

If I am staying at Muri Beach Hideaway (next door, I think?), should I expect a rowdy or noisy atmosphere overflowing from the neighbors at Vara's?

Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Reputation of Vara's

Hi

Ive stayed at varas twice. Once in September 2004 and then again in March 2005 and Im going back in 4 weeks all the way from Ireland...wooohooo I can't wait . I dont recally partying of any kind....if I did I would have been at them ;) As someone has already said the most you will see is a couple of people smoking or maybe having a couple of beers on the decking. I think these reports about Varas are silly they make the place out to be like Ibiza or Miami during spring break. Its just slightly noiser that some of the other accomodation but thats just because Rarotonga is so quiet.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I love the people that run it and the atmosphere about the place.

Ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Reputation of Vara's

Hi

Ive stayed at varas twice. Once in September 2004 and then again in March 2005 and Im going back in 4 weeks all the way from Ireland...wooohooo I can't wait . I dont recally partying of any kind....if I did I would have been at them ;) As someone has already said the most you will see is a couple of people smoking or maybe having a couple of beers on the decking. I think these reports about Varas are silly they make the place out to be like Ibiza or Miami during spring break. Its just slightly noiser that some of the other accomodation but thats just because Rarotonga is so quiet.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I love the people that run it and the atmosphere about the place.

13. Re: Reputation of Vara's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, August 16, 2009