We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raro holiday home question and more...

Auckland
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Raro holiday home question and more...

Hi everyone, my first post :) My husband and maybe adult daughter are looking for the following, and I have researched millions of places, Im not kidding :) Maybe you can help. These aren't the easiest to answer either, sorry. Im so confused!!

We are stuck with early Jan and the airfares are high, but really need a break. We just want to explore, see some waterfalls and blue holes (I think I read) eat simply, snorkel and chill out, eat simply, barbeque, salads etc.

How important is it to stay in an area, I like Vaimaanga as its off the beaten track with awesome beaches, but is the island small enough that it doesn't really matter?

Is it better to bust out with a more expensive place with a pool or is it not so important and can you use other resort pools?

How essential is it to be ON the beachfront, I tend to think it is, but what do you think?

We are on a budget, prefer self catering and basic anyway, can anyone give us some hints and tips please?

Auckland
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Raro holiday home question and more...

Awesome, I have written to a few of these already. ie

Titikaveka Absolute Beach Bungalows - $140 p/n (3 day car hire free with 7 nights) - holidayhomes.co.nz/pacific-islands/cook-isla…

Mama Ru's - $149 p/n

Jaret at Titikaveka has been very helpful. He has suggested this unit as it has a roof deck as well, and at low season prices $155. What do you think of this and is the beach quite corally? http://www.go-cookislands.com/lukuleah.html

Would you say the snorkelling is better Titikaveka area as its deaper, or Vaimaanga?

Edited: 5:40 pm, October 03, 2012
Wellington...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Raro holiday home question and more...

Hi there, is Bingo;s on the main road? Do you hear the sound of traffic passing? Are you able to recommend a beachfront villa or Bach or similar with two separate bedrooms for $150 - 180 per night in that area, within walking distance to Wigmore's? Many thanks in advance.

13. Re: Raro holiday home question and more...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Rarotonga