We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

perfumes in the cook islands

Which Rarotonga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san francisco
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
perfumes in the cook islands

i have heard there are some great perfumes in the cooks. anyone know if there is another place besides the Perfumes of Rarotonga to get them?

thanks

Seattle, WA. USA
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: perfumes in the cook islands

Shully -

I've actually entered the "calm before the storm" phase now. The last little bit before a trip I sometimes get pretty mellow - and such is the case this time around. Have a few last minute errands to run this afternoon - hoping to locate 2 more 5-packs of those White Owl Miniature Sweets for Elliot. Found 4 of the 5-packs so far but was hoping to bring him half a dozen.

Then we've got some housecleaning to do so we don't leave the place a mess. After that I've got to bathe our 2 little miniature Pomeranians so they're nice and clean while my brother housesits them. Finally, need to finish charging the batteries for my camera and new video camera.

That should pretty much finish up the day.

Will probably actually logon here even a bit in the morning tomorrow since I don't have to go pick up one of Gails' sisters until noon or so for our 2 PM departure for the airport.

Feeling pretty good right now.

Ken

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,455 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: perfumes in the cook islands

Ken:

So you feel pretty good eh? Good enough to make yourself a nice cool fruity beverage I'll bet! Can't ya just feel it go down whilst your toes are digging deeper into that sandy beach...

Tell Elliot at Shangri La he needs to lower the price..........he'll have a fit!

Kia Manuia,

shully

Scappoose, Oregon
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: perfumes in the cook islands

Lb's in the calm mellow phase and I've started packing and running around like a chicken with my head cut off! Hey LB, want me to see if I can find some of those White Owl's here and hand them off to you? I've got some other errands to run this afternoon so it's no problem.

Sorry for hijacking the post!

Angela

Seattle, WA. USA
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: perfumes in the cook islands

Shully -

I don't think I'm gonna tell him that. I don't think he's a bit hurry to sell the place and is probably willing to wait a bit longer to get the price he wants. Personally, I'd love to buy the place, but it's way beyond my resources.

Angela -

Yeah, that would be great if you can find a couple - he definitely wants the "sweet" variety though. The regular ones are very easy to find but the "sweets" not so much. I've had some luck at Rite Aid stores and will still head out myself, but I'm down to my last Rite Aid store so if you can pick up a couple 5-packs without going out of your way, that would be great.

See you tomorrow!

Ken

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,455 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: perfumes in the cook islands

Angela:

No worries...glad to hear you are behaving like a girl should! Don't forget to get all those extra scrunchies for your hair, oh and xtra suntan lotion (it's really really expensive there), oh and a box of ziploc bags, and aren't you glad you don't need socks? Oh my gosh.....pack pack pack! You go girl!

sunny regards,

shully

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,455 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: perfumes in the cook islands

Lord:

was just kiddin about Elliot....he's just so easy to get to.....maybe we can start one of those raffles to buy the joint. He could sell tickets and you could distribute them for a free 1,000 tickets....whatya say? I'll bet they are sold out in a week. We've got one going here in SB...they call it the "million dollar home raffle"....tickets are $150 each...guess who has one in her handbag?

sunny regards,

shully

Scappoose, Oregon
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: perfumes in the cook islands

LB, I've got a Rite Aid just a couple of blocks away so I'll scour the joint for some miniature sweets. Also a smoke shop nearby so I can check there too.

Shully, I've got so much sunblock and so many ziplocks and books that I've almost run out of room for shorts and T's! I hope I don't drop this bag on my own foot (a la Ken) or I'll break one of my toes.

Can't believe I'm really going to the Cook Islands!

Angela

Seattle, WA. USA
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: perfumes in the cook islands

Shully -

Yeah, I know. Elliots' definitely got a few "hot" buttons. He's a man of strong opinions that's for sure (maybe the New Yorker in him) - of course that's part of what makes him so interesting.

In any event, very much looking forward to seeing him again.

Angela -

Thanks a lot! I'm heading out right now to look too, but if you find a couple and I do too, that's all the better. I'll pay you for them at the airport tomorrow.

Yeah, you're really going - and you're going to love it! Been to Hawaii a couple of times and really love the islands, but gotta tell ya, the Cooks are far and away my favorite (and that's saying something).

Kia Orana!

Ken

Scappoose, Oregon
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: perfumes in the cook islands

LB, I found 'em at Rite Aid and picked up 6 packs. I never realized they made so many different kinds of White Owls! You don't need to worry about paying me - give them to Elliot from one former lawyer to another.

Looking forward to meeting you and Gail tomorrow evening!

Angela

Seattle, WA. USA
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: perfumes in the cook islands

Why thank you Angela! I'll be sure and tell him that they are from you.

I was, I'm afraid, unsuccessful at the last 2 Rite Aids in our area so this is great news.

Ken