We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Advice on Accomodation

Which Rarotonga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
22 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Need Advice on Accomodation

Hello Everyone,

I am traveling to Rarotonga and Aitutaki in October for my honeymoon for 14 nights. In Aitutaki we want to stay in the Pacific Resort - I am curious of two things: 1) How to break up the trip (8 on raro; 6 on aitutaki - or vice versa? and 2) On Raro, we have considered so many places and cannot settle on one! We have narrowed it down to a few:

The Rarotonga Beach Bungalows

Sea Change Plantation Villas

Reflections Waterfall Villa

If you recommend more than I have chosen - I am open to suggestion. Much thanks!

NH USA
Level Contributor
412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Need Advice on Accomodation

Welcome back corniglia. I am staying at the same exact places as you did. Will you be posting a little trip report? when you find the time?

Michigan
Level Contributor
156 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Need Advice on Accomodation

We didn't stay at the Crown Beach, though my DH took a diving class at Dive Rarotonga (right next door), so we did spend a few days eating lunch there. Their restaurant is quite nice, and their beach looked nice, though I didn't swim there. The ladies at the front desk were also VERY helpful one day when I needed to get a cab ride to the other side of the island.

USA
Level Contributor
22 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Need Advice on Accomodation

Thanks to you all for the kind advice - you helped me immensely and I appreciate it more than you will know. I wish we were leaving tomorrow!

Thanks again,

Andi

NZ
Level Contributor
170 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Need Advice on Accomodation

I reckon Crown Resort is on the wrong side of the island. Try and be as close to Muri Beach as you can get

London
3 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Need Advice on Accomodation

Totally disagree about being the wrong side of the island - what more can you hope for than beautiful sunsets? The west side (AWAY from Muri) is more sheltered, more beautiful, has the vast majority of the restaurants, and has the romance of the sunsets. Muri is polluted (REALLY smells on a hot day) and the snorkelling is rubbish as all the coral has completely disappeared due to pollution. No coral = no fish.

Crown Beach resort is also stunning now it's been refurbished after the cyclones. THe resort has all the facilities of a big resort, but it's still small and intimate. The Windjammer restaurant on site is amazing too!

Hope that helps!

Narced

Roy, Washington
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Need Advice on Accomodation

Hi Andy21,

You should read my post, Just Got Back ,and the other of Pics.

I know for a fact Rumours of Romance (Raro) is worth every dime (Beachfront Villa)! Pacific Resort on Aitutaki actually took me a while to get used to after being at Rof R and I had the Villa.

Everyone we talked to booked more time on Raro and wished they booked more on Ait. We booked 4 nights Raro and 6 Ait. We loved Raro but preferred and were glad we had more time on Ait.

Good luck with your decision. Either way you cant lose.

Fijijeez