We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moana Sands in August?

Vancouver, WA USA
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Moana Sands in August?

My fiance and I are getting married on August 5th and planning to head out for our honeymoon on August 9th for the Cook Islands and then returning on the 19th.

Been checking out the site for Cook Island info and found some good tips on airfare days and think we can get our LAX to RAR on NZA for $2188USD for two round trip. Not too shabby from the sounds of it.

Was looking at hotels and the Moana Sands seems to fit what we are looking for... sandy beaches(vs rocky) and near our budget. Not exactly the best for sunsets but the place sounds clean and friendly.

This is our first trip to anywhere like this(clear blue waters, white sandy beaches, tropical).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Hans

Canada/Australia
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Moana Sands in August?

I think you will be very happy with your decision to upgrade. Very romantic.

That whole stretch of beach starting from Palm Grove to Moana Sands is amazing.

If you haven't already check out Ken's pictures. He stayed right on the same beach in 2002.

Donna

Salem, Oregon
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Moana Sands in August?

We stayed at the Moana Sands in February of 2005. It was wonderful. The staff was great, rooms were simple, but clean, and the views were absolutely PERFECT! We had a room on the main floor and walked right out onto the beach from our room.

The view is just hard to believe! Wow! The beach is protected by a reef and makes snorkeling and kayaking perfect.

When we were on the beach we would only see a maximum of about 10 people and usually no one. That's looking in both directions down the beach. Perfect!

The whole island is very laid back and relaxed. Rent a scooter. I had never driven one, but it is simple when the maximum speed is only 30 mph. And... it is so much fun!

It was very quiet and relaxing! We attended the CICC church twice and that was a lot of fun. The singing is great!

Trey