We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Sands yes or no?

Penryn, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
White Sands yes or no?

Hello again,

How I love this planning stage of a trip. You really feel you get to know the places before you get there very exciting :)

Anyway, I keep getting drawn back to Whitesands. I have had some good feedback from fellow travellers, thank you. But, just want to make sure before I sign up, so anymore feedback advice would be very welcome.

I have been told this is the best place for snorkeling.

How far is the Whitesands from shops/restaurants/bars etc? We will have our daughter of 22yrs( she now resides in NZ) with us and she will want some life. :)

Thanks for all your help

Swallow

The Mooring
$, Seafood, Fast Food, New Zealand
Vili's Burger Joint
$, New Zealand, American, Fast Food
Tuoro Restaurant & Cafe
$$ - $$$, Cafe, New Zealand
Seattle, WA. USA
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White Sands yes or no?

Not been inside, but it's in a great area for snorkeling. Not much shopping or dining in the immediate area though.

All in all a fine choice.

Ken

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
187 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White Sands yes or no?

Wow! That location looks great! :)

I bet you can't wait to be on vacation...

It will be easy for your daughter to just drive about 10 - 15 mins to biggest town on the island if she rents a scooter! So I would not fret over the distance to town for some "life".

Kiwi in the Cooks
Level Contributor
559 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: White Sands yes or no?

Hi,

Within a 4 to 5 kms either way from Whitesands are Saltwater cafe,Cafe Roc,Vaima restaurant,The Pawpaw Patch restaurant, the Little Polynesian restaurant and Maire Nui Garden cafe.

Whitesands is about 4kms to Wigmores superstore where there is also a liquor outlet,an ATM and petrol.

To "do' the shops you have to go into Avarua which is the main shopping centre.

The life that I presume your daughter will want will be mostly in town where the shops are.

Tipani

Mentioned in this post
Little Polynesian Restaurant
Little Polynesian...
423 Reviews
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
Avarua
Avarua
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
4. Re: White Sands yes or no?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rarotonga