We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasons to holiday in the Cook Islands...

London
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Reasons to holiday in the Cook Islands...

Hi there

I'm considering visiting the Cook Islands this year for my annual long holiday... I went to Hawaii last year and had an awesome time.

Apart from the gazing beautiful scenery can you anyone fill me in with what there is to do in the Cook Islands in terms of activities please? Can anyone advise on flights and which island[s] to visit please? We are planning on going away mid November.

Is eating out in the cook islands expensive? Also what are the ideal stop offs, coming from London, I think it would be good to beak up the journey.

THANKS!

newcastle
Level Contributor
793 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasons to holiday in the Cook Islands...

The only easy way to get to the Cooks from the UK is via LA with Air New Zealand.

We've planned a just over 3 week holiday - 2 nights Hong Kong, 9 nights South Island New Zealand, 7 nights in the Cooks and 2 nights in LA

London
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasons to holiday in the Cook Islands...

My god trvllr123, your holiday sounds amazing. Do you mind me asking how much you paid for your flight - is it an around the world ticket?

California
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasons to holiday in the Cook Islands...

On Rarotongo, it's all about the beaches and the amazing scuba/snorkeling/fishing. It's really a magical place. There are some fun restaurants in town. Suggest that you rent a car as the clockwise and anti-clockwise buses aren't as reliable as they might be.

Atutaki is the next most popular destination. It's all about the beaches and relaxing.

Have a great trip!

Manchester
Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasons to holiday in the Cook Islands...

We're doing something similar in April.

13 days South Island NZ - 3 days Rarotonga - 5 days Aitutaki

Flying Air NZ from Manchester via LA. It cost us about £1200 each booking with STA. I don't think we got a great deal!

newcastle
Level Contributor
793 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasons to holiday in the Cook Islands...

Hi Arafat

Our flights were about £990 with Trailfinders, but we bought them as soon as the came available - Can't wait now!!!

newcastle
Level Contributor
793 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasons to holiday in the Cook Islands...

Sorry forgot to say it's an Air NZ ticket, but you're allowed to choose your routing via LA or Hong Kong

7. Re: Reasons to holiday in the Cook Islands...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, August 27, 2009