We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Countdown has started !

Delaware
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Countdown has started !

Wow, the past 11 months have crawled, but here we finally are with just 32 days to go before we head to Aitutaki and the Pacific Resort. Any updated information from those who have been there before is greatly appreciated. We'll be there from Nov 2 through Nov 11. Will anyone else on these forums be there at the same time? Any idea what we can expect for weather? I suppose it will be hot. Hopefully won't rain too terribly much. We are looking forward to the lagoon cruise, the spa, walking the beach, snorkeling and last but certainly not least, getting married on the beach !! Hope to see you there, if not, we'll be sure to submit a review of our trip as soon as we get back. Cheers, PJ

San Diego...
Level Contributor
660 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Countdown has started !

Wow, you will have such a great time! Aitutaki is amazing.

Be sure to hit Samade's for lunch/beach and they also have a great Isdland Night (I think on Tuesday night?).

Pacific Resort looked amazing and is on a nice stretch of beach.

Spider Cafe has good fish and chips and is a quick bike scooter from PR.

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,441 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Countdown has started !

Sollman:

you must be soooo excited! So tell me...where on the beach will you have your wedding? Do you have a photographer? If so just wondering if it's William....he is a local who does most of the weddings in Raro and Aitutaki...a wonderful guy and great photographer. Hope you will post some photos of your trip!

You will love the Pacific Resort! It is truly gorgeous......and don't forget to eat at Cafe Tupuna........scrumptious~!!!!

sunny regards,

shullly

Las Vegas, NV
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Countdown has started !

Hey Sollman...

We'll be there at the same time too! We are getting married in Los Angeles October 27th. Congrat to you as well!! We leave LAX Sunday, first stop is Rumours of Romance for 7 nights, then off to Etu Moana till the 10th of November. We can't wait. Maybe we'll see you around the Island :):)

Cheers,

KT

Delaware
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Countdown has started !

Thanks to all for the info. We do plan to hit Samade, Spider, and Cafe Tupuna while we are there. Shully, yes we are using William (or at least we think we are). Pacific Resort set it all up for us and mentioned "William" so I've got to believe it's the same person. We'll keep our fingers crossed! Honeymooninthecooks, hope to see you there !

Adelaide, AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Countdown has started !

We arrive in the cooks on the 23rd oct and get home on nov 5th...we will be honeymooning there! Can't wait...

Shelby Township...
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Countdown has started !

We also live in Las Vegas and will be at Etu Moana the first week of November for our Honeymoon! What a funny coincidence!

7. Re: Countdown has started !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:28 am, October 03, 2006
Sydney
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Countdown has started !

Sollman,

You will love Aitutaki........and the Pacific is superb.It is a credit to the private team that built it.

Make sure you have a day out on the lagoon with Laughten....he is worth thee trip alone.

And take a walk down to Tonau's organic garden..........have some coonut cake[the best in the world] and meet one of the most interesting Polynesians you will ever experience.

Are you going to rarotonga for any time?

HTG

Adelaide, AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Countdown has started !

Will keep an eye out for you Lauren & Howard!

Will arrive at etu moana around the 26th i think....might catch you at the honesty bar....am hanging out for a tropical cocktail!!

Las Vegas, NV
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Countdown has started !

Were in Aitutaki from Nov 6th to the 9th. Kimberly & Brandon....Maybe we'll see you guys around. I can't wait!!!!!