We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bicycle hire

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Bicycle hire

We are staying in Aitutaki in early September and interested in bicycle hire. We're staying in a rental not a resort so wondered if and where we could hire cycles? We're staying close (ish) to Etu Moana

Also, how much does it cost to hire a scooter and where do we go for that?

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bicycle hire

Kia Orana Carolyn, Rino's Rentals rents both bicycles and scooters. Other scooter rentals are The Boat Shed, Aquilla Rentals and Ranganui Retreat. Depending on the number of days you rent the costs can vary from $20 -$30NZ. Most places give discounts for longer rental periods such as 7 days for the price of 6.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,347 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bicycle hire

Kia Orana Carolyn, welcome to the forum.

Enquire from your accommodator who they recommend for scooter or pushbike hire. They very likely have an established relationship with one of the rental companies (or private hire) who they personally recommend. I have found this to be the case though my numerous visits to Aitutaki over many years, staying in a wide variety of accommodation.

Enjoy your explorations. Kia manuia.

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bicycle hire

Carolyn, one of the advantages of having lived on Aitutaki for 18 years is that I have gotten to know all the owner/managers of the accommodations here and many of the smaller ones do have bicycles available for their guests. If you let me know where you are staying, I can check on what they might have for you.

4. Re: Bicycle hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:27 am, March 15, 2015