We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a Wedding

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Planning a Wedding

I am after recent advice on Aitutaki accommodation and wedding packages including:

Resorts that can provide ceremony, reception on the beach for a small group of six people, local hair and makeup, florist and photography without having to fly these services in. I have been reading mixed reviews on a few of the lager resorts but most of these are a few years old. Can anyone give me some advice.

Arorangi
Level Contributor
556 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a Wedding

Have you tried contacting the Resorts directly?

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a Wedding

Yes I have but am interested in an independent comparison between the two larger resorts. As I have been reading travel reviews there have been highly favourable and highly uncomplimentary reviews about both and am wanting to verify all the information.

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a Wedding

Have you tried contacting a wedding consultant on the island? One that seems to be pretty popular is Annie Bishop at bishopcruz@aitutaki.net.ck

Arorangi
Level Contributor
556 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning a Wedding

Have you tried contacting directly the writers of some of the wedding posts. There is one the comes to mind Johno007. They would be more than happy to share their moments of pure bliss and happiness with you.

If no one has written a review lately, then maybe it didn't go so well.

RBB

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning a Wedding

Thanks RBB. I tried contacting a couple of people who posted reviews a while ago before I posted mine and didn't get any response. I will keep exploring, which I have done hours of already.

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning a Wedding

Thank you or your post. I will contact Annie. Perhaps there hasn't been any really good experiences of late.

Arorangi
Level Contributor
556 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning a Wedding

The problem with Wedding posts is that we have to be very wary of what we say, as it could be seen to be advertising on behalf of the many wedding planners that are now available on the island.

Sometimes a review written by a bride looks very much like an advertising blurb for a wedding planning company.

Edited: 5:11 pm, June 19, 2013
8. Re: Planning a Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 21, 2014