We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Rarotonga to Aitutaki mid November - book now?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from Rarotonga to Aitutaki mid November - book now?

We are hoping to book an air raro flight from Rarotonga to Aitutaki mid-late November. I've checked the website and, in my opinion, they're not particularly cheap for such a short flight. At that time of year, should I be booking in advance or will there still be availability - at hopefully a lower price - if I book when I get there?

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Rarotonga to Aitutaki mid November - book now?

Kia Orana Lynsey, Air Rarotonga doesn't have sales that often and when they do they are short notice, last minute. You can take a chance and wait but I wouldn't recommend it. Have you looked at booking through Air New Zealand and booking to Aitutaki at the same time as time you book your flight to Rarotonga?

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
12,907 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Rarotonga to Aitutaki mid November - book now?

Kia Orana Lynsay_Mark,

Welcome tothe forum.

I endorse purchasing an international ticket through Air NZ with Aitutaki as your final destination.

If you are planning to stop on Rarotonga first, your best bet is to watch the fares on offer for November for as long as possible. If you are very flexible with dates, the last minute fares can drop up to a week before travel. Every November sees the Vaka Eiva paddle festival happening on Rarotonga. So long as your dates dont clash, you should be OK with securing seats. Or, will you be here especially for the paddling?

Also get quotes from one of our locally-based travel agencies including Island Hopper Vacations, Jetsave Travel or Air Rarotonga travel centre. Their packages include domestic fares, transfers and accommodation on Aitutaki.

All the best - kia manuia.

Sportskid1
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Rarotonga to Aitutaki mid November - book now?

Not sure if you have avaliability to Costco or not but their travel site has some great prices on cook islands trips. Not sure if it is US specific or not but I just booked a trip and they were a good 10-15% off the best prices I could find.

4. Re: Flights from Rarotonga to Aitutaki mid November - book now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 20, 2014