We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rentals in Aitutaki

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Car rentals in Aitutaki

We are visiting Aitutaki shortly with four people. I have been thinking of arranging a rental car to allow occasional island sightseeing, visits to restaurants and cafes. Whilst a car would sit idle at times when on the lagoon or diving, etc, it might still be convenient to get away from the hotel and enjoy other parts of the island on our own. Is this a wise and practical thing to do? Thanks

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rentals in Aitutaki

Kia Orana Hershey, As there is no public transportation on Aitutaki, having your own transportation gives you a lot of flexibility. Depending on how long you are on Aitutaki you usually get a discount for longer terms such as 7 days for the price of 6. There are several car rentals on the island - The Boat Shed, Rinos, Aquilla, and Ranganui.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rentals in Aitutaki

Thanks Puapii. What we wanted was flexibiity so that we could do stuff we wanted , when we wanted and not be stuck at the hotel or bound by taxis. I agree it will cost a little extra but we want to get as much from your island as possible.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
12,886 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rentals in Aitutaki

Kia orana Hershey,

I fully endorse having your own form of transport on Aitutaki. There is a lot of ground to cover while enjoying the sights, and building flexibility into your overall program. Every time I visit Aitutaki I either rent a scooter, or hire a vehicle when visiting with others.

Enjoy your stay on this most beautiful island. Kia manuia.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rentals in Aitutaki

Thanks Frangipani. Seems to be the way to go.

5. Re: Car rentals in Aitutaki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 28, 2014