We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Children & Aitutaki

Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Topic
Children & Aitutaki

We have never thought to take our child to Aitutaki mainly due to it's focus on couples, honemooners or backpackers.

I am wondering if anyone on this forum has travelled to Aitutaki with Children. How long did you stay, where did you stay and how did you find it?

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
189 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Children & Aitutaki

We are taking our 4 children aged 2,4,7 and 8 to Aitutaki in a few weeks.

We are staying in some larger lagoon bungalows(I think we may be among the first to stay in them, there are 2)at Paradise Cove.

We were staying at Aretai Villas(had been reccommended to us as being good for families) but they cancelled on us.

I will post on my return as to how it went.

PS. You are right about appreciating the differences in countries/islands. We love Fiji..but have decided to try somewhere new, and are looking forward to the cook Islands.

Canada/Australia
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Children & Aitutaki

Hi tiare,

We took our boys in 2002, our youngest was 13 so quite a bit older than your little girl.

Like I said in an other post, when we went on the lagoon cruise with Bishops they made sure all the families were on the same boat and the honeymooners on a different boat. It was great. One of the families had 3 children with them and their youngest was 4.

We never felt out of place. We stayed at Gina's garden lodges for two nights.

Our youngest will now be almost 17 when we go in July and we are staying 5 nights at Etu Moana. He can't wait. His brother (20) will be staying home to work for the summer.

On our first trip in 1997 we didn't go to Aitutaki.

Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Children & Aitutaki

Thanks micsgirl - I'd love to hear how it goes with younger children. Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks DonnaMaree - It is a place you love to return to, I agree. Good to see the tours were accommodating for both and that there are families at Aitutaki.

Get answers to your questions about Aitutaki