We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding @ Pacific Resort Aitutaki

Wiltshire, UK
6 posts
Save Topic
Wedding @ Pacific Resort Aitutaki

We are getting married on the beach at the Pacific resort in September and staying in a villa.

We are staying for a couple of weeks or so and wonder if:

a) has anybody seen a wedding @ the pacific resort and can give any advice on what to expect and or comments for improvements etc

b) Must see / do while we are there (apart from the obvious lagoon cruise)

c) the weather

d) where is the best scenic photo opportunity on the Island & Lagoon

Thanks

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,501 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding @ Pacific Resort Aitutaki

Weddings at the Pacific Resort are beautiful. I've seen several there on the beach. They do a great job...beautiful flowers and attentive staff...no worries!

Apart from the Lagoon cruises (you notice the plural there as you will go more than once!) you should do the Cafe Tupuna for dinner as it is the nicest restaurant on the island...they will pick you up.

Get a kayak and go out to the reef to snorkel. If you are really feeling adventurous then go to the Blue Nun....sort of a locals disco...they have a band or a DJ, cheap drinks and dancing....a locals spot.

Also, the island night at Samade On the Beach is the most affordable on the island ....lots of little kids in their show...very cute! Really, Aitutaki is for relaxing and enjoying the lagoon. No real stress to DO....You may enjoy a drive around the island to see the various villages as well.

Who is your photographer? I assume it may be William from Rarotonga as he does many many weddings in Raro and Aitutaki....he's pretty much the best photographer for weddings there....he's great. If not then sunset along the rocky part of the shoreline at the Pacific Resort is gorgeous.

sunny regards and my most sincere congratulations!

shully

Delaware
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding @ Pacific Resort Aitutaki

Congratulation! We are doing the same, at the Pacific Resort in November. Please let us know how it works out!!!! We are planning a beach wedding, the canoe lagoon thing, and a (pricey) photographer !! Are youu staying in a villa or suite or bungalow? We have a suite booked, but not sure if we want to upgrade any farther?

Level Contributor
39 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding @ Pacific Resort Aitutaki

Stayed at the Pacific Resort recently and though we didn't witness a wedding, the manager told us about recent ones they'd organised and they sounded wonderful. The manager is an Australian lady and very professional and on-the-ball. You are in safe hands! The food is great, too, and the accommodation brilliant and peaceful - we had a beachside bungalow.

Any backdrop around the outer islands would be perfect for pictures, the different blues, white sand beaches and green trees are everywhere.

Apart from the lagoon cruise there's not that much else to do, though you can go deep sea fishing, kayaking etc and it's fun to ride around slowly on a moped.

I think September is towards the end of the Cook's cooler winter period which, is you're British, means it should be perfect (about 75-80F?).

Do fly back to Rarotonga while you are there, it's very different (lush green mountians and lots to do and see). Also Atiu (there are weekly direct flights from Aitutaki) is worth a visit - also very different. Go and see the caves with Marshall!

Wiltshire, UK
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding @ Pacific Resort Aitutaki

Many thanks for all your comments.

Of course Sollman i will update you post the wedding to let u. We also have booked the photographer and Video chap and will let you know if any good.

Melb. Australia
Level Contributor
385 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding @ Pacific Resort Aitutaki

My son was married at Pacific Resort last August and it was awesome.

The resort could not do enough for us and our 40 odd guests. Quite a number including my wife and myself stayed in villas. Others stayed at various places around the island.

My son's wife arrived in full wedding gear by canoe and was carried up the sand by two warriors to the area near the bar where the ceremony was held.

We had a special dinner one night before the wedding for our guests and the locals put on a tremendous floor show for us. They were raising noney to send the kids off the island to Aust for a football game I think. Costumes were great.

We had the wedding reception outdoors at the resort and a rainstorm came. The resort staff just came picked everything up and we were moved upstairs to the restaurant area and you would not know it happened. We danced the night away.

Must go to the lagoon and the island.

Anymore questions just ask or I can email you some photo's if you wish.

Get answers to your questions about Aitutaki