We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Traveling to Aitutaki.

Auckland Region...
3 posts
Save Topic
Solo Traveling to Aitutaki.

Is there a lot of people traveling alone to Aitutaki?

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
12,886 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Traveling to Aitutaki.

Kia Orana Jouhn, welcome to our forum.

Aitutaki doesn't receive many visitors in general, compared to the bigger and more populated island of Rarotonga. Yet a number of these people are travelling solo with many choosing to stay at backpacker lodges and small guesthouses to meet people and share travel information.

Are you requiring help with accommodation, or wanting to know more about the island itself?

When are you considering a visit?

If the forum can support your plans in anyway, please let us know.

Kia manuia.

Frangipani

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,886 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo Traveling to Aitutaki.

My apologies for mis-spelling your name, JOhn777.

Cheers.

Auckland Region...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo Traveling to Aitutaki.

Hi, thank you for the info!

I'm planning on going to Aitutaki in early May this year. What is the weather like over there in their winter?

And staying in a guesthouse sounds like a good place to get to know the locals and other travelers, I was thinking of Amuri's guesthouse?

John

Auckland Region...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo Traveling to Aitutaki.

Hi, thank you for the info!

I'm planning on going to Aitutaki in early May this year. What is the weather like over there in their winter?

And staying in a guesthouse sounds like a good place to get to know the locals and other travelers, I was thinking of Amuri's guesthouse?

John

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,886 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo Traveling to Aitutaki.

Hi again John,

Amuri Guesthouse is an excellent choice for solo travellers. It's location is convenient to facilities, and its a short walk down the driveway to the beachfront across the road via the sportsfield. The owners are very welcoming and their guesthouse is a popular choice for very good reason. I really enjoyed my stay there, I travelled alone and found that the guests and the hosts interact well like a famiy group sharing ideas and enjoying each others company.

May is a nice time of year in the Cook Islands. All the heat and humidity of summer has passed, yet its not chilly to need something warm if riding a scooter or going out at night. Also the sea temps are very pleasant. You will find that Aitutaki is warmer than Rarotonga being situated north of the big island.

I happened to see some very good air fares on the net yesterday, flying Virgin Australia - Auckland to Raro, for your period of travel.

Happy planning.

6. Re: Solo Traveling to Aitutaki.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:28 am, May 04, 2013