We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a boat service between Aitutaki & Rarotonga

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a boat service between Aitutaki & Rarotonga

HI, I am not a good flyer, cope with the big planes, HATE the littele ones. Love the sea, and happy for hours on a boat. Is there a regular service between the islands . Thanks

Arorangi
Level Contributor
556 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a boat service between Aitutaki & Rarotonga

There will shortly be a service betwen Aitutaki and Rarotonga run by Taio Shipping. It's prime purpose will be the movement of cargo - but I am told that the trip would be no longer than 10 hours / maybe less and they could take passengers. Be warned, it is a coverted fishing vessel.

RBB

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,108 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a boat service between Aitutaki & Rarotonga

Kia Orana Cairy T, welcome to our forum.

Pacific Schooner's dual purpose vessel, Tiare Taporo, is on track to have its refit completed this year before heading south to the Cook Islands. I understand that this ship will serve both the Southern and Northern groups carrying both freight and passengers.

I haven't heard anything of late about Taio Shipping's proposed cargo-passenger venture. RBB is likely to know more.

If you arrive into Rarotonga before either of the new vessels commence service, perhaps go down to Avatiu harbour and speak with maritime services or one of the visiting yachties to see if a yacht's departure will coincide with your interests.

Kia Manuia

3. Re: Is there a boat service between Aitutaki & Rarotonga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:32 am, April 29, 2013