We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samade vs Aitutaki beach villas

Valencia, Spain
2 posts
Save Topic
Samade vs Aitutaki beach villas

Hi, I.m going to Aitutaki for honeymoon on the first week of september and I´m confused between where to stay. Samade looks really nice but maybe a bit full of people and also people speaks really bad about food...Aitutaki beach villas seems also nice but don´t know if this part of island it´s better or not.

Speaking about mosquitos which one it´s better place?

Also I read awnful histories about crockranch. How really is it because my wife don´t like then too much.

Thank you a lot!!

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
Level Contributor
880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Samade vs Aitutaki beach villas

They are on opposite sides of the island. My choice would be the Aitutaki Beach Villas because of their location on the North West side which has more wind and less mosquitoes as well as a beautiful stretch of beach.

I would not worry about cockroaches, if you don't leave food out, you won't see them.

Cheers!

Masterton
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Samade vs Aitutaki beach villas

We have just returned from a week at the Samade on the Beach and wouid recommend this place. While there we went all over the island and this place was the best place by far for swimming and relaxing. The beach looks out over the lagoon and islands and is safe, warm and pleasant. The individual rooms are just off the beach and are simple but clean with a king bed, air con and a fan. The food at the bar on the beach was filling and nice and the cocktails were lovely. We had no problems with mossies there as long as we used repellant and I came home with no bites at all. It was very private there and although their were daily visitors from other resorts for the swimming it was still very quite and lovely. I wouldn't hesitate to return.

Atascadero, Ca
Level Contributor
196 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Samade vs Aitutaki beach villas

We stayed at Aitutaki Beach Villas a few years ago and loved it. The villas are nice and quiet. They had Kayaks and a hammock. The beach was nice and very peaceful. The snorkeling off the beach was not as good and I thought it would be. But we went on the lagoon tours anyway for the best snorkeling. We would recommend this place.

4. Re: Samade vs Aitutaki beach villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, October 21, 2012