We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motu, Samade, and Tupuna cafe

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,144 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Motu, Samade, and Tupuna cafe

Kia Orana tatou!

Greetings all. Just a mention that Maori words dont have a 'S' in them when referring to singular or plural forms of the same word. Motu is still motu, whether there are 6, 3 or only 1 of them. "Motus" as such don't exist in Cook Islands Maori. Islets do though, the English interpretation.

Samade is just Samade - Sam and Adrienne, the congenial owners, are unique individuals. Gorgeous beachside bar-cafe outlook to the distant motu, situated on Ootu beach.

And Tupuna Cafe is Tupuna, the Maori word for grandparents, and ancestors. The cafe is named after Tupuna the person, who operates a romantic little eatery in her pretty garden.

These iconic features ( and people) on Aitutaki deserve high praise, and attention. Kia manuia.

1. Re: Motu, Samade, and Tupuna cafe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:16 am, February 03, 2010
Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,544 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motu, Samade, and Tupuna cafe

Good God PetermanCalifornia do you ever say anything positive? I have just read through all your 11 reviews and many of your forum posts and there is not one positive thing! Even for other destinations – many which are varied. I have to ask why do you travel if obviously you hate it so much? If you cannot even find one thing special when you are in one of the last paradises on earth I am not sure what you would find special.

california
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Motu, Samade, and Tupuna cafe

did you see my review of the mauna lani? i gave it 5 out of 5 stars- so yes, please read that. we go there every year- sometimes 2 times a year and saw pretty much the same fish at their beach - no extra aitutaki $500 plane ride required. and no mossies!

they are called opinions and this forum allows us to share them. i wish i had read something informative about the islands from someone like minded and i am posting my opinions here to assist others who share my mindframe.

i'm picky and when something is excellent- like the mauna lani- i am happy to share it. i only bother to post once in a blue moon when i think my inpiut can save someone else the bad experience we had, as i wish i had read something helpful prior to going that was not just a cook islands cheer squad but from a traveler who had visited many places on this planet.

i would say if you are accumstomed to mexico, central america and eco travel, or if you are under age 40 you will love it there. if you are a sophisticated american urban traveler accustomed to air conditioning and excellent service, you would do better elsewhere.

those who cruise there would probably get the best of both worlds as the things that are lacking in cooks are made up for on cruise ships and they could enjoy the positive aspects which, in my opinion, were the visuals.

sorry you don;t agree, but i am entitled to express my opinion, however negative you find it!

and i welcome everyone to read my prior reviews- they are dead on (or were at the time of visiting the properties) and were intended to assist this community.

4. Re: Motu, Samade, and Tupuna cafe

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:16 am, February 03, 2010
5. Re: Motu, Samade, and Tupuna cafe

Removed on: 7:17 am, February 03, 2010
TX
Level Contributor
516 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Motu, Samade, and Tupuna cafe

Wow guys and gals. This is a great forum--let's not let it go downhill.

I imagine these kinds of posts are only a turnoff to any newcomers (hmmm...maybe this is a strategy to keep the island less touristy and all to yourselves?). Seriously though, differences of opinion could be dealt with a little better here. Chuck, I've read many of your posts and they are always helpful and better yet, straightforward and right to the point. But there's no need to draw on the American stereotype since your ostracizing a pretty broad group of folks, of which many are very respectful travelers (contrary to what many think).

7. Re: Motu, Samade, and Tupuna cafe

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 02, 2010