We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

L'excursion bleue

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
L'excursion bleue

I believe one of the main aspects of this tour is snorkelling in the lagoon just off the hotel le Tahaa. Would there be enough other elements to the tour to make it worth our while if we are actually staying at le Tahaa?

California
Level Contributor
9,378 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: L'excursion bleue

I think so; it was the perfect day for us. We enjoyed the tours of the pearl farm and vanilla farm. He takes you to a lagoonarium, and you have a great lunch on a motu. Of course, the coral garden is the highlight, but it was nice to have someone with us who was also taking pictures along the way. He sent us a cd of all the pictures he took during our snorkel as well as many other pics that he's taken of underwater life, flowers of Tahiti, and more.

cqt
Southern California
Level Contributor
273 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: L'excursion bleue

We did the lagoon safari with Samuel - did a private tour so it was just our family with he and his wife. It was the most amazing experience of our lives, swimming with sharks (watching them more than swimming), sting rays and snorkeling. They are such lovely people, and it was one of the best experiences we've ever had. If you can splurge for the private, I would.

We did the overland safari separately since I wanted to visit 2 pearl farms so we didn't do the itinerary you are asking about.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: L'excursion bleue

We don't really want a private tour here, as we are splurging on a private 30 min helicopter ride over Bora Bora to do some serious photography.

4. Re: L'excursion bleue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, July 26, 2015