We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pick up/Drop off for Lagoonairum from Hilton?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Pick up/Drop off for Lagoonairum from Hilton?

Good Evening,

My fiancee and I going to be celebrating our Honeymoon Next May. I looked on their website and it appears they want 8000xpf which is about $90 USD. Is this the real price for pick up and drop off from the Hilton Moorea Lagoon and spa? Or would it be better to just scooters!

Mentioned in this post
Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa
Hilton Moorea Lagoon...
3,607 Reviews
Moorea, French Polynesia
tennessee
Level Contributor
187 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pick up/Drop off for Lagoonairum from Hilton?

I thought I had read in all of the forum posts that Lagoonarium did not offer pick ups from any hotel...

We rented an avis car for 24 hrs and went that day to Lagoonarium, belevedere point, juice factory, the local grocery store, some retail stores and a nice dinner out to a restaurant that did not offer pick up.

I know that Albert's and Avis also offer 4 hr and 8 hr car rentals as well so if you'd like to see the other sites around the island this might be the way to go and incorporate Lagoonarium as well....?

I know that while we were there a 20 min drive or drives over 10 miles the locals considered "too long" and I would not be surprised if the cost was $90.....

Mentioned in this post
Lagoonarium
Lagoonarium
1,060 Reviews
Moorea, French Polynesia
Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
3,956 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pick up/Drop off for Lagoonairum from Hilton?

Do NOT rent a scooter! Rental cars are much safer... As far as I know, the Lagoonarium does not do pickups; you may have been quoted a taxi fare.

Mentioned in this post
Lagoonarium
Lagoonarium
1,060 Reviews
Moorea, French Polynesia
California
Level Contributor
9,959 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pick up/Drop off for Lagoonairum from Hilton?

Yes, they do pick-up. …e-monsite.com/pages/pick-up-cost.html

Do not rent a scooter!

Mission Viejo, CA
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pick up/Drop off for Lagoonairum from Hilton?

I just got this reply from Matahi when I emailed to ask the same question from the Lagoonarium:

We do provide hotel pick up. Please call us the day before the expected pick up to book it on (689) 78 31 15. From and to the Hilton the transport would cost 10 000 FCP for all of you four, round trip.

Please visit our website for more information: http://lagoonarium.e-monsite.com/

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pick up/Drop off for Lagoonairum from Hilton?

Thanks for that info jcluv! Now I'm torn about renting a car because the whole reason I was going to rent the car was to go to the Lagoonarium. Well, and drive to the west side and watch a sunset same night since I'm staying at the Sofitel. 2000cpf is MUCH cheaper then 13900cpf!!

Mentioned in this post
Lagoonarium
Lagoonarium
1,060 Reviews
Moorea, French Polynesia
Windber...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pick up/Drop off for Lagoonairum from Hilton?

We just rented the fun buggies and it cost us 50.00 per. to go. We stayed at the Pearl and just loved it. I did not book my tours through the hotels because it costs quite a bit more and took the same ones for less. Dinning out is quite expesnsive, three sandwiches and water was $80.00. We tried the local food places and found them to be more reasonable in price and quite good.

Edited: 4:10 pm, June 06, 2014
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
12 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pick up/Drop off for Lagoonairum from Hilton?

I would rent a car through Avis or the like. Avis picked us up at our hotel (Sofitel). We rented the car for 24 hours went to the Lagoonarium, drove around the island and went to Beledeve look out. It gave us flexibility to eat off the resort for lunch and dinner for the day. The total charge was $140 with all insurances and paid another $10 in gas. The island is small with one road so it is easy to get around.

By the way, we loved the Lagoonairum, it was the best thing we did during our vacation. Bring snorkeling fins, since some of the places there do have a strong current. They do have lines to hold onto, but the fins help a lot.

Mentioned in this post
Lagoonarium
Lagoonarium
1,060 Reviews
Moorea, French Polynesia
Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pick up/Drop off for Lagoonairum from Hilton?

well we are also doing an ATV tour the day before that will take us to all the "sites". So with that in mind, and since restaurants offer free pick up, i'm starting to lean toward NOT renting a car since it seems i won't need it to get where i need to go. Or is there something i won't see with the tiki village first night, atv tour the next day, and lagoonarium the day after that? (all provide transfers)

9. Re: Pick up/Drop off for Lagoonairum from Hilton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 08, 2015