We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tipping

I know this has been posted before, however, if anyone could please re-iterate the tipping on Moorea? Tipping is accepted or not accepted? I just want to be very clear so I am not offending anyone by this while on our trip. Do we tip the room service maid? Do we tip the baggage handler?

Please advise.

Thank you for your time.

Moorea
Level Contributor
365 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tipping

Hi qtpie,

Tipping in French Polynesia is not expected. However, if you feel you have received excellent service from someone, you will not insult them by offering a tip. I have noticed over the last couple of years there is now a space on many of the hotel restaurant receipts for tipping but I think that is more a result of the new computer systems. Again. It is not expected but it will not insult.

Southern California
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tipping

Not sure if it's expected or not. When we were in some of the restaurants or in the ride over to the restaurant, there were signs that said tipping is not expected, but appreciated. We just tipped everybody like we normally would....waiters, waitresses, maids, baggage handler, etc.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tipping

Thank you for your responses.

4. Re: Tipping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, August 16, 2009