We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

intercontinental resort moorea

new jersey
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
intercontinental resort moorea

Hi...I am going on my honeymoon to Moorea and we are staying at the IC Resort ...has anyone been there recently? If so, how is the snorkling? scuba diving? We are staying in a beach bungalow...are they nice and up to date? Thanks so much....

Moorea
Level Contributor
365 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: intercontinental resort moorea

Hi Sunny,

I was just at the hotel yesterday. It looks great. The bunglows are very nice & up to date and the Beach bungalows I think, are the best value at the hotel. Another nice feature of staying at the IC is they are very close to the two motus where you will find some of the best snorkeling on the entire island. There is a boat shuttle that leaves every two hours (10am, noon, 2). In addition to your mask & snorkel, be sure to bring your CC. The best restaurant on Moorea happens to be on the motu. It is outdoors and truly a pristine setting. The are open everyday except Monday for lunch. In terms of diving, I don't recommend the center based at the hotel. The have really bad equipment that is in dire need of being replaced. It is a serious problem. Until they get that resolved, I recommend diving with Moorea Fun Dive. They will pick you up and are 5min from the hotel.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

new jersey
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: intercontinental resort moorea

Thanks so much coconutscience...I really appreciate your feedback..it will be helpful in the weeks to come...

Sunny

California
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: intercontinental resort moorea

The snorkeling isn't bad. The only problem we have with the hotel is that it's very isolated from everything. There's VERY little within walking distance of the hotel. I hope you're planning to rent a car to get you around.

4. Re: intercontinental resort moorea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, August 12, 2009