We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
Rental car

I am staying at the intercontinental. I would like to eat some different foods not just at the hotel and most importantly go to a store and pick up snacks. Do I have to get a rental car? If so do I have to cab to pick it up and after I drop it off? How long is the walk to restaurants/ stores? Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
9,586 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental car

We're also staying at the IC for a few days before our cruise and are renting a car one day while we're at the resort and another day when we stop at Moorea while on the cruise. From the info. I got here, I rented through Avis at sandrine@avispacificar.pf Avis does have an office at the IC as well as at the cruise ship dock. I'm looking forward to exploring on our own; however, I have read that there are some restaurants close by that will pick you up for dinner. We're planning on going to Le Mayflower and Coco D'Isle which are nearby. Do a search of the IC Moorea, and you'll find more info.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Vaitape, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental car

There is a very small "grocery" across the road from the IC. It is a great place to pick up beer, water, fruit juice, and sodas (prices were comparable to the grocery in the nearest village). Its selection of snacks was... meager. There is a larger (but not large) grocery in the village about a 20 minute walk. I can't remember if the IC rented bikes or ran a shuttle. The larger/better grocery stores (in terms of selection) are over near the ferry and Maharepa.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental car

We are renting a car at the ferry dock (Avis) and leaving it at IC 4 hours later when we check in there. There was a small extra charge for dropping off at a different place from the rental pick-up.

We hope (going in 2 weeks) this will give us a chance to have a nice lunch, visit the belvedere and stop for groceries before we check in.

Avis was very helpful and has rentals at the IC.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental car

How much is gas to refill the tank ? Thanks

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental car

Gas is probably close to $8 a gallon. BUT...the island is very small and the cars use very little gas, I don't think I've ever put more than $14-15 in when I'm ready to return the car. Unless you keep the car for a week and use it to drive completely around the island every single day, you won't come close to using a whole tank of gas.

6. Re: Rental car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 26, 2015