We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving 5 a.m. in Papeete, how much time to catch ferry?

Westport, CT
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving 5 a.m. in Papeete, how much time to catch ferry?

We are flying into Papeete on the 11th at 5 am, trying to calculate when we will arrive in Moorea, so our hosts can arrange for a taxi to meet us at the dock and take us to Maharepa. We were told to look up the aremiti schedule but the site is down.

Can anyone advise the fast ferry departure time in Papeete that we can realistically shoot for, given a 5 am arrival, allowing sufficient time to get thru arrivals formalities, collect bags and make it to the ferry, so we can tell our hosts what ferry we will be on??

Washington
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving 5 a.m. in Papeete, how much time to catch ferry?

It should take you from 1 1/2 -2 hours to go thru customs and get to the ferry dock

www.aremiti.net was up and working at 9:43am PCT Sept 9

Westport, CT
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving 5 a.m. in Papeete, how much time to catch ferry?

Thank you! I had been given the wrong website for Aremiti. I'm told there are fast and slow ferries, can you tell me if the 7:35 Aremiti 5 ferry is fast or slow??

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
285 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving 5 a.m. in Papeete, how much time to catch ferry?

Our plane arrives at 05:30. We wanted to be able to catch the ferry and arrive in Moorea by 08:00. I do not think we will be able to make it. Am I right ?

Washington
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving 5 a.m. in Papeete, how much time to catch ferry?

Aremiti 5 = Fast Ferry

If you get your luggage and clear customs then taxi to the ferry dock to get the 7:30 ferry you will be

very lucky. You might make it but plan on a later arrival on Moorea.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving 5 a.m. in Papeete, how much time to catch ferry?

I have made the 7:30 ferry many times with the 5am flight arrival. As long as there are no major delays along the way you should be fine. We are typically getting in the taxi about 6:15-6:30 or so.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving 5 a.m. in Papeete, how much time to catch ferry?

Ia Orana

ho[pe that you caught your 7:30 fast ferry.

Meherio Vahine was on a similar schedule and was blessed with an early arrival in Papeete ( one hour early ) and caught the earlier ferry only to call me from the docks on Moorea at 7 AM instead of 8 AM to be picked up.

One issue though came up, her Verizon phone refuses to work in FP even though it worked in Europe,( My ATT switched automatically to the local Vini network albeit at $ 2 per minute and 19.95 for the first MG of Data)

The phone booth on Moorea at the docks have changed, no more prepaid phone cards with chips nor coin/ credit card payment. it took after many requests to the Aremiti staff and the shell gas station attendant for a localman to ask what was the matter and offer to use his phone next door. He single handedly saved the Tahitian welcome reputation ( Shame on Aremiti/ Shell ! ).

7. Re: Arriving 5 a.m. in Papeete, how much time to catch ferry?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:34 am, September 15, 2014