We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing List

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Packing List

After what seems like forever, the honeymoon is now only 11 days away. The fiance and I are sending 4 nights at the Hilton Moorea and 4 nights at the Four Seasons Bora Bora after 1 night on the main island. We have our Buggspray and our suncreen and our alcohol purchasing plan all squared away, but what are some things you packed that you found were invaluable, and what were some things you wished you packed?

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Packing List

Bring some ziploc bags...they always come in handy for something.

Best thing you can do is set out all the clothes and shoes you plan to bring...and then put half of them back in the closet! :-)

Costa Mesa...
Level Contributor
337 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Packing List

Indoor: Extension cord with multiple outlet worked great for us!

Outdoor: Aftersun Aloe Lotion came in super handy!...always missing spot that gets a bit sunburn. Also, own snorkeling gear and water shoes :)

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Packing List

Over the counter meds to solve typical travel issues - i.e. gastrointestinal issues, headaches, colds, sore throats, band-aids, wet-wipes, etc. I carry enough to get me through a least 2 days of minor medical issues.

FP (and other destinations we have been to) doesn't have many items that we take for granted here - so I always carry a small first aid and medication bag with me wherever we go to handle at least the minor issues that I could handle with my medicine cabinet from home. I use a small 6x6 make-up case to hold everything and it goes in my carry-on luggage. I can't count the times I've reached for a band aid, Excedrin or wet wipes on the plane from my 'blue bag' as we call it. My husband's Tums are always within reach as well - comes in handy with that airplane food!

I use travel size bottles whenever possible and plastic baggies to hold others that I can't find travel size containers for.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Packing List

I always have a Mini Mag flashlight as it gets very dark in FP

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Packing List

My fiancée and I are 12 days away from our honeymoon, also staying at the FS Bora Bora. Maybe we'll run into you in paradise! :)

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Packing List

You might also find the lists on these prior discussions helpful:

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

So. Calif
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Packing List

Can we bring these flashlights in our carry ons, on ATN?

Thanks,

Zoe

Washington
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Packing List

Put them in your checked luggage

Dallas
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Packing List

our travel agent said to bring a small suitcase of snacks, as everything on the islands is more expensive than in the US. things like trail mix, protein bars, chips.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Packing List

I certainly wouldn't bring an "entire suitcase" of snacks! That's a bit much. But I always do bring some. If you bring chips...Pringles in the can works best....the bags will get totally crushed. Protein bars, granola bars, nuts, trail mix make for great choices....thy tend to be filling, don' take up a lot of room in your luggage, and don't get crushed easily.

Snacks aren't priced completely outrageous like hard liquor is. A bag of chips is around $5 as opposed to $2-3 here...candy bars around $1.50-2.00....a package of cookies around $4. But if you have the room in your luggage and have some favs you like to snack on, then by all means pack some.