We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help finalizing my FP itinerary...

Kansas City
Level Contributor
138 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Need help finalizing my FP itinerary...

We are finally making our dream vacation to FP come true. We have a narrowed it down to a few options and would love any suggestions or feedback. I would like to aslo thank everyone who has helped me in already getting to this point. We will be traveling May 1 of this year and are still tossing around a few options...

Option A: 7 nights Moorea Sofitel Bungalow...( or Pearl for a little more money) & nights Bora Bora Le Meridien OWB ( or La Moana for a little more)

Option B: 6 nights Moorea Sofitel Bungalow, 6 nights Bora Bora Le Meridien OWB, then 3 night Tikehau Pearl bungalow

Option C: 6 NIghts Moorea vacation rental, 6 nights OWB Le meridien, then 3 nights Tikehau Pearl

Options D: 7 Nights Moorea vacation rental, 7 nights OWB Bora Bora Le meridien,

We are considering the rental in Moorea because it would drastically cut cost, allow us to get a local feel, and we could prepare meals which would also save costs. I do wish to save cost, yet I do want a amazing experience. At this point I am inclined to do the rental in Moorea, luxury OWB in Bora Bora, and off the beaten path in tikehau.

My concerns are that I can not find a lot of information regarding rental property, only a few reviews. My other question is regarding Tikehau. I am not sure if it is worth packing up and moving to a new location, or if it is similar enough to the other places? 4 of the 6 people are divers, while everyone loves to snorkel. The reason I have selected the Sofitel and Le Meridien is because that is what i have found the best price on, and they do seem very nice. Any contributions would help...thanks

I posted this in a couple forums in effort to get the most feedback..thanks

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Need help finalizing my FP itinerary...

There is currently no such special as mentioned at the Pearl resorts. The best deal is the early booking discount by booking at least 60 days in advance.

The special as far as I recall was for season bookings only and ended in march. I might be wrong about that.

Regards Bo

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Tuamotu Archipelago
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Need help finalizing my FP itinerary...

Pamela, when we went, we did take advantage of the Pearl rates/specials(but I see they aren't going on right now). We loved all 3 islands, but especially Tikehau. That is why we are going back to two atolls this time.

Edited: 1:22 am, August 31, 2012
Kansas City
Level Contributor
138 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Need help finalizing my FP itinerary...

Thanks wico..sounds great...too bad they still don't have those great deals...

14. Re: Need help finalizing my FP itinerary...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 03, 2013